The Cape to Cape Track Guidebook
The Cape to Cape Track Guidebook: Incorporating the Meelup Trail
Fully-Revised Ninth Edition
Jane Scott and Ray Forma, illustrated by Patricia Negus
The Cape to Cape Walk Track is located in the far south-west corner of Western Australia, just 250 km south of Perth. It meanders along the whole length of the Leeuwin-Naturaliste Ridge, which forms the backbone of the spectacular Leeuwin Naturaliste National Park. Its start and finish are the lighthouses at the rugged tips of Cape Naturaliste and Cape Leeuwin.
The Cape to Cape Track and Meelup Trail offers:
- 123 km of stunning coastal scenery, quiet sheltered forests and pristine beaches;
- a multitude of opportunities for short, day walks of any length;
- a challenging adventure of five to seven days to complete the whole walk;
- close proximity to the caves, vineyards and host of other delights of the South West Capes – Margaret River Region.
This book offers you:
- Detailed descriptions of the Cape to Cape Walk Track, the Meelup Trail and many short walks in the Leeuwin Naturaliste National Park;
- 22 full-page 1:25 000 up-to-date maps covering all of the coast from Dunsborough to Augusta, and most of the Leeuwin Naturaliste National Park. The maps show the Cape to Cape Walk Track, The Meelup Trail, and, for the Leeuwin Naturaliste National Park, all access roads, paths, and popular surfing spots;
- Detailed distance tables;
- All recent permanent Track realignments;
- All other current navigable tracks in the National Park. Beware that in most other maps these side-tracks are dangerously out-of-date and could lead you into disater in case of emergency;
- Lots of useful information about walking in the Leeuwin Naturaliste National Park;
- 142 full-colour photographs of the area.
Dimensions: H 23.5cm x W 16.7cm
Publisher: Cape to Cape Publishing
Publication Date: 2020
Number of Pages: 112